Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Charlie Bear Gathering and other things...

Hello!

A lot has happened since my last post, so I thought I would take the time to tell you about it :)

On the 9th April 2011, myself and a good friend - Alison Wise of Bearlypink bears - hosted the Charlie Bear gathering in Trentham Gardens. And what a success! Over 40 of us met up to alk about all things bears taking part in a lovely buffet lunch and a fabulous charity raffle. The food went down a treat and the raffle was just amazing! With 22 prizes, there was something for all including bears, a bear making kit, £50 voucher for the bear shop...there was so much choice! In the end we raised a whopping £332! I came away with a knitted peter rabbit bunny and a wendy woo bear. The highlight of the day? Charlie and Will from Charlie Bears making a surprise appearance, it was just lovely!!!

After the raffle, people started filtering over to the bear shop and we tidied up the room before going over there ourselves. I picked up a charlie 2011 bear and two kaycee bears. The day was tiring but definately worth it. The money we raised is going towards the WSPA charity for bears.

This weekend just gone, I attended another exciting event - a kaycee bear signing down in Swanage, Dorset. I drove down very early in the morning and arrived in Swanage at around 9 o clock (after going on a terrifying journey on a ferry!!!!) The signing was wonderful - Corfe bears was packed and the shop itself is just stunning. So stunning in fact that I am planning a mini break there in a couple of months time! It was nice to finally meet the people at Corfe and I got my Corfe bunny the special signing bear. I also was very very naughty and purchased a kaycee mohair - Lucky LE 30 who was made especially for the signing.

The Easter holidays are going incredibly fast. I have managed to create a bunny who I will pop up on here in my next post. I have started a plush bear altho I cant do much more until I buy more eyes and joints. I have just designed and marked out a pink bear as well, so that may be done by the end of the holidays!!

Kelly
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment