Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Sunday 23 February 2014

Hugglets February 2014

I have visited Hugglets every year, twice a year for around 4-5 years now and today's visit certainly did not disappoint!
I woke up with 6am and excitedly leapt out of bed to get ready. I picked up my good friends Alison and Oonagh at 7am and we were soon on our way to Kensington Town Hall in London for this magnificent bear show. We arrived at around 8.30am and promptly got into the queue (seated - phew!) and with coffees/hot chocolates in hand we waited in the gusty winds for the doors to open. 2 hours may seem a long time to wait but for some reason, on Hugglets day it flies by. With 15 minutes to go the chocolates went round - and then we were in.
As the day progressed, we met more friends and new people. I saw many many bears that I loved but cannot afford at the moment. However I did have a little bit of money from my bear-making so I bought some more fur and stuffing to keep me going for a while - some mohair and alpaca!
Hugglets was packed today - I got stuck in a few corners and had to fight my way to get some air to breathe. It was a very busy day which was great for the exhibitors. I saw many bears going to new homes including miniatures all the way up to 4 foot bears.
I also visited Sally at Bear With Me who stocks my bears in Kettering. Four of my bears were on her stall today - and Winter the bunny sold and went to a new home! One of my bears has sold at Hugglets and that means a lot to me! Here is a quick picture of her - a real stunner if I say so myself ;)

Tomorrow is the start of the new half term. It should be a lovely half term based around traditional and fairytales which I love teaching so I hope I am eased gently back into teaching this week and I get to cut out a bit of my new fur too.
Kelly
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment